First Christian Writing Fair Saturday, 3 March 2018 at Rosebank Union Church
The inaugural Christian Writing Fair was attended by about 150 delegates, travelling from as far as Durban to be a part of the day. Our aim was to give delegates a renewed desire to use their writing to extend and build God’s kingdom, and practical tools with which to do this. We were blessed to have a wonderful line-up of accomplished and passionate speakers who shared our vision of inspiring and equipping South African Christian writers.
General Sessions included a powerful opening address by Trevor Hudson who spoke on following our calling to write, as well as inspiring talks by international speaker Leslie Leyland Fields. Breakaway sessions gave delegates the freedom to explore various writing areas of interest to them.
Listen/Download some of the audio files from the event.
1. Exploring our Calling to Write – Trevor Hudson
2. Key Lessons Learned on a 45 Year Writing Journey – John Gilchrist
3. Why The World Still Needs Your Story -Leslie Leyland Fields
4. Devotional Writing Workshop – Dalene Reyburn
5. Christian Publishing – Peter Velander (Interviewed by Bruce Dennill)
6. Overcoming the 7 Terrors Every Writer Faces – Leslie Leyland Fields
I couldn’t just let this occasion pass without saying, “WOW!” My husband and I were so glad we’d decided to attend. You and your committee produced a professional, inspiring program. Especially Trevor Hudson, of course, who sounded a high and holy tone for the day. When you first sent out the program, I picked up my neglected tools once more and began the long-delayed finishing up of what I had started working on a number of years ago. I was challenged by the speakers, and especially, I think, by the way they all seemed to be in agreement in their approach to some of my issues. I think this must be what Trevor was approaching when he referred to “writing in community.” (Marcia)
Congratulations for outstanding Fair. Thoroughly enjoyed. (Costa)
I want to place on record my sincere thanks and appreciation for a terrific event. I know myself together with my friends enjoyed every session. (Raphella)
Thank you so much for a wonderful Christian Writing Fair. You had put so much planning and work into this venture. It was a roaring success. Well done!
The workshop was made great by:
- Having knowledgeable, experienced, inspiring and God loving presenters.
- Well thought out program which catered for a wide variety of content creators.
- The catering had different options and was not overpriced.
Well done once again and thank you! (George)
One ‘chance’ comment by one of the speakers opened the floodgates and I have been writing freely since Monday! Thanks guys! (Mandy)
It was an eye opener and encouragement for someone like me preparing to publish for the first time. (Diapo)